A penetration test is a method of evaluating the security of a computer system or network by simulating an attack in a real-time scenario. The process involves an active analysis of the system for any potential vulnerabilities that could result from poor or improper system configuration, both known and unknown hardware or software flaws, and operational weaknesses in process or technical countermeasures. This analysis is carried out from the position of a potential attacker and can involve active exploitation of security vulnerabilities.
Why we need to penetration testing?
1) reasons is to find vulnerabilities and fix them before an attacker does.
2) to give the IT department at the target company a chance to respond to an attack
3) Be prepared than feeling sorry
WAPT (Web Application Penetration Testing) is a approach based testing of web applications. By which we can mitigate the vulnerabilities that are seen frequently in web applications and helps eliminating threats
Benefits of penetration testing
1) Manage Risk Properly
2) Increase Business Continuity
3) Minimize Client-side Attacks
4) Protect Clients, Partners And Third Parties
5) Comply With Regulation or Security Certification
6) Preserve corporate image and customer loyalty